Vanity or looking good naked.No real person wants to look like the “new” Jodie Marsh. Or the old one for that matter, but we would all like to be able to sunbathe on holiday in that nice light blue bikini that you saw in the shop or feel like Daniel Craig when we walk out of the ocean onto a busy beach.
The general rule of thumb is that 80% of your body composition is determined by how you eat. The remaining 20% is a combination of genetics and exercise. So if you eat correctly (right food types, correctly sourced and don’t use your mouth as a vacuum cleaner) it doesn’t take very much exercise to optimise your muscle size and strength and to cut your body fat.
Be realistic though; eating well and exercising cleverly will make the best you that you can be. It will not turn you into Daniel Craig. Although you (and your loved one) will be very impressed with how good you can look…..
There is nothing worse than motivating yourself to start exercising again and taking control of your lifestyle just to incur an injury and having to lose your momentum. I know; I have been there just this year when a very silly mistake (over exercise) resulted in knee surgery and took me out of my training for 4 months. Getting back on track isn’t always easy as you unlearn good habits very quickly.
As we get older, our bodies don’t recover as quickly from exercise as it used to and soreness can quickly turn into sprains or strains if you don’t pay attention to them. Our PT classes’ use the exercise system mentioned above to create a balanced, strong and functional body that will be hardened against injuries so that you are free to play harder in sport or in the park with the kids (or grand kids!) It actually focuses on injury prevention and avoidance by not over exercising, while building muscle and burning fat.